Sunday, September 20, 2015

Detoxing



Detoxing is important part of treating Lyme disease and feeling relief after you herx. Herxing is what happens when dead bacteria release their endotoxins into the blood faster that your body can tolerate.Your can effectively kill the spirochetes without a herx reaction due to your body being able to remove the endotoxins the bacteria releases. Detoxification is important when your body is overwhelmed with the endotoxins and your body can't effectively remove the toxins. I created a list of the products and methods that worked for me. I will add more as I try new products as I go further along my Lyme Journey.


Ortho Molecular Core Restore Program: 
I was given this 7 day detox program from my doctor. I felt herxing the first time I did it and this was right before I was diagnosed with Lyme. I felt this program helped me regain some strength in my legs. This program includes Phyocore capsules and Phytonutrients for an improved phase I & II liver detoxification. This will improve your digestion and increase nutrition absorption.



Epsom Salt Baths:
My sister told me to take Epsom salt baths when I first became sick last year. This type of bath with help soothe the herxing and symptoms. Epsom salt can increase your magnesium levels and reduce inflammation. I use about 5-8 cups of salt to a warm bath. You can add baking soda to your Epsom salt baths to help you absorb the magnesium. 



Activated Charcoal:
This product is a natural absorbent agent that bind up unwanted material. It sticks to the endotoxins that is responsible for the herxheimer reactions and expels it from your body. It's best to take the activated charcoal a couple hours after a protocol. 



Chlorella:
Chlorella has the ability to bind to toxins and prevent them from absorbing in the body. This product gives me energry and good for detoxing the blood along with the liver. It is good to take on an empty stomach.



Lemon Water:
Drink lemon or lime water throughout the day can help you detox by removing toxins from your body. 


Pinella:
This herb helps reduce brain fog. Drink 10 drops in water several times a day. Pinella cleanses the nerves and the brain of toxins. I feel this has helped me reduce some of my brain fog.



Zeolite:
This product removes heavy metals, chemicals, and toxins from the body. I felt a little herxing when I used this product so I know it was helping me detox.



Tumeric:
This product helps detox your liver and has anti-inflammatory properties. If I take too much I can get a headache, but it does help with swelling of my joints. 




Bur Bur Detox
This tincture can help reduce herxing. It cleanses the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system along with your blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment