Monday, September 21, 2015

5 Things to Never Say to a Person with Lyme



1. You Don't Look Sick!
I know on the outside besides the limping, I look healthy. Now on the inside there are times throughout my day that I feel like I'm being tortured. My joints hurt and it can be hard to get around. When you take antibiotics or supplements to kill the Lyme it can cause pain throughout your body.

2.You aren't Better Yet!
Nope, as much as you want me to be better, I want to better just as badly. I have a chronic illness and I have to take pills everyday to fight this horrific disease. When you take pills or antibiotics for Lyme it will cause a painful reaction called Herxheimer reaction. Herxing happens when dead bacteria releases their endotoxins into the blood faster than your body can handle and this causes pain.

3.Oh I can relate to your depression!
Maybe you can, but this depression is mostly caused by Lyme disease. Lyme bacteria invades the brain so terribly that you can't even think straight or even read. So I'm not depressed because I lost my dog or someone passed away kind of depression. I'm depressed because my brain won't work like its supposed due to inflammation and bacteria.

4.Taking long term antibiotics is bad for you!
Yes I know! I have heard this from other doctors who don't treat Lyme. Hey when you are fighting Lyme, this is the only way LLMD treat Lyme. There are other alternatives, but long term antibiotics is one of them. It can take months to years for your body to lower the infection and improve.

5.You take naps during the day, ha ha!
I have had family members say this to me. Yes I have to take naps because I have insomia which this disease causes. I wish I could sleep at night like a normal person and function during the day like a normal person. I have fatigue throughout my day from taking pills and from not sleeping well at night. 

Please be mindful of people with Lyme! We have are fighting for our Lives and need support!

No comments:

Post a Comment